The 2019 Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale
It’s here! The after party sale is upon us. For anyone who doesn’t know, the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale can be equated to the Superbowl for football fans. Prices are marked down up to 75% which tends to cause some frenzy for sorority girls and grown women alike. They revamped their website this year, so there are a couple of things you’ll want to know before hopping online at 8am.
When Does the Sale Start?
The sale goes live at 8am on Monday, January 6th, 2019, and ends at 11:59pm on Tuesday, January 7th, 2019. During the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale in September 2018, the site crashed and there was a virtual line. I got in “line” at 10am, and I was the 305,622th person in line. My wait time was 1 hour, 42 minutes and that turned out to be pretty accurate! We were driving from Asheville, NC back home so Mike heard an earful of what I did right, and what I did not-so-right in preparing for the sale. Needless to say, I didn’t follow the list that I’m about to share. 🙂
What is on My Shopping List?
I am such a sucker for their pullovers and athleisure line! I have a zip up, 2 pullovers, 2 athleisure pants, and 2 workout tops. They are so comfy, and I always get compliments on them! More importantly, the fabric has SPF 50. Lilly Pulitzer is now monogramming select items, so a monogrammed Skipper Popover Dress is at the top of my list. I also adored the Tatum Long Fringe Hem Cardigan I posted about here. I got it during the sale in September for over 50% off, so I’m hoping to score a black one this week.
My Top 8 Tips for Shopping the After Party Sale:
- Create an account on LillyPulitzer.com and save your billing info to expedite the checkout process.
- Create a shopping cart of your top items. Are there any gifts you see that your sister might like? Now is the time to save, girl!
- Make sure you have secure internet/cellular data access. The Lilly Pulitzer App is disabled during the sale.
- Know your sizes! Some items may fit a little differently than others ie: you might be a small in a shift dress but want a medium in a pullover. These items are non-returnable, so proceed with caution!
- Don’t buy just for the heck of it. It’s tempting to see sales this rare, but don’t let your judgement get clouded. If in doubt, order something (free shipping!) and hop online later to shop again.
- Use the hashtag #LillyAfterPartySale to see what other girls are shopping via Instagram & Twitter.
- Grab your girlfriends! Shopping this sale is always more fun with friends. If they get in line before you, you can ask them to grab you that top, and venmo them on the spot. Share in the fun of the chaos!
- If your favorite item is sold out, look for it on Amazon! Amazon usually marks down Lilly during the sale.
How Do I Know What Is Going to Be on Sale?
Well, you just don’t. Lilly likes to keep the items in the After Party Sale a surprise. On Saturday, they had a few “sneak peeks” in select stores. My friend, Sydney, at Summer Wind wrote a great post here with some sneak peeks that Lilly Pulitzer sent her!
One of my favorite girls to follow for all of the Lilly Pulitzer inspiration is Katie of Katie’s Bliss. See some of her Lilly styles on her blog here.
Thanks for reading. See you in line at 8A 🙂