Are there any Key Lime Pie lovers out there?! I certainly am one! I made this pie while Mike was sleeping after work one day, and it was almost half gone before he woke up! Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I usually don’t indulge in dessert unless it’s something really good or has some health benefit. This vegan key lime pie is definitely both yummy and healthy!
You would never guess that this Vegan Key Lime Pie is made from cashews, avocado, honey, and a few other ingredients. It is so simple, healthy, and refreshing! Better yet, I scored this Hearth & Hand Pan for less than $13 from Target!
I shared some with my Dad without telling him it was completely vegan. He raved about it!
Key Lime Pie Recipe by: Yummy Mummy Kitchen
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (12 graham crackers), gf if needed*
- 1/2 cup melted Organic Earth Balance (or favorite butter alternative)
- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight (or 3 hours with boiling water poured over), drained
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (I prefer sweeter Persian limes)
- 1/2 cup honey*, coconut syrup or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted Earth Balance. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place drained cashews, avocado, coconut oil, lime zest and juice, sweetener, and milk into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and add more sweetener to sweeten, and/or more lime juice, to reach desired tart/sweetness. I like this quite tart, so I add a few more squeezes of lime.
- If you are making the blackberry swirl, pour 3/4 of the lime filling into the crust and smooth with a spatula. Add the blackberries to the blender and puree until very smooth. Place dollops of the blackberry mixture on top of the green mixture and swirl in. If your swirls aren’t going well you can just smooth the blackberry layer on top. If you are decorating with blackberries instead of swirling, pour the entire batch of lime filling into the crust and smooth. Press blackberries into the top in any design you like.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight or at least 4 hours until firm.
- To remove from springform pan, run the sides under warm water and release. Slice into wedges. Remove from freezer to thaw 10 minutes before serving.
Easy and guilt-free enough to eat for breakfast, right?! Yummy Mummy Kitchen has SO many great recipes!! I use her stuff all the time. I am dying to try her Vegan Pumpkin Pie next.
Thanks for reading! I hope you make this super easy vegan key lime pie and love it! Comment below and let me know if you try it!