Easy Keto Lunch Meal Prep
Wooo meal prepping! I’ve been wanting to make this post for a while, but let’s be honest. Photographing food is hard lol! And I always wondered if people would actually be interested to know how and what I meal prep.
I’ve followed a high protein/high fat/lower carb diet for about 7 years now. My food intake is pretty consistent with a Targeted Ketogenic Diet (TKD). I don’t hardcore track macros, but it’s just how my body naturally wants to eat. When I was a baby, I had aversions to pasta and rice (I know I know!), so eating “keto” is just kind of my nature.
Meal Prepping is a Busy Girl’s Best Friend
Just like you, I have a million things going on. I work full-time, plan our wedding, model for Apricot Lane Boutique, write this blog, launder all of the things, cook/clean/Netflix/LIFE.
The first time I meal prepped, I wrecked my kitchen lol. It gets messy for an hour, but that’s the only downside. By prepping your meals ahead of time, you save on sleep, don’t have to wash as many dishes, and you always have healthy food ready to go. Sometimes, I get self-conscious bringing my food containers places bc people ask 8193284710 million questions about my diet and everything. I really do like talking to people about health stuff, so it’s not annoying. It’s just the rare few that point and say omg I hate that [insert vegetable]. But that’s just life lol! You just gotta let Susan enjoy her twinkies, and move on with your day.
They Say Abs Are Made In The Kitchen, Right?!
5 weeks ago, I started the Kayla Itsines BBG workout program. I feel stronger, but I want to see more results. So, I ordered these meal prep containers. These containers have 3 pockets which is perf bc nobody really wants to carry and wash 8 million containers.They are also BPA-free and microwave/dishwasher/freezer safe if you care about that stuff (I do).
My Easy Keto Lunch Meal Prep for This Week
- Breakfast: 1 cup of liquid egg white, 1 oz feta cheese,
sautéed mushrooms, 2 tb. salsa
- Lunch: Roasted broccoli or brussel sprouts and 4 oz. shredded, slow-cooked chicken breast topped with 1 tb. Bolthouse Farms Greek Yogurt Dressing (my faves are the Cilantro Avocado & Honey Mustard)
- Snacks: Vegan Pumpkin Tahini Chocolate Chip Muffin (a new recipe for us but so good!), apples, oatmeal, raw almonds
Vegan Pumpkin Tahini Chocolate Chip Muffins
(via Rainbow Plant Life)
- 1 cup unbleached cake flour
- 3/4 cup whole spelt flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated (or ground) nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg*
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
*To make one flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax meal with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with 2.5 tbsp water, stir to combine and let sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 190C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and lightly spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray or brush with melted coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Stir together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes to curdle.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cake flour, whole spelt or whole wheat flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the soy milk mixture, maple syrup, pumpkin purée, coconut oil, vanilla, and tahini and whisk until combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing with a wooden spoon until just combined, taking care to not overmix. The batter should be lumpy, not smooth. Fold in the flax egg using a rubber spatula. Gently fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tins until they are filled almost to the top. Top the muffins with the remaining 1/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Remove the muffin pan from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the the tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
Sorry Mike. If you’re reading this, you ate tahini.
Why Aren’t You Meal Prepping?
All in all, my keto lunch meal prep for the week took about an hour. So, batch meal prepping undeniably saves you time, you’ll eat healthier, feel better, and it honestly just makes your life so much easier.
I hope you guys have a great Friday! Let me know in the comments if you follow a particular diet. Keto seems to be all the rage, and I’m interested to know if any of you guys eat that way!